Home 9 Automobiles / Boats

Vehicle Registration

All vehicle registrations must begin at the town/city level with the exception of 20-day temporary plates, first-time moped registrations, and some military personnel registrations. If you are new to New Hampshire, you must declare residency with the Town of Colebrook in the form of a current rent receipt, utility bill, landlord statement and a signed domicile affidavit before a vehicle registration may be processed. New residents of New Hampshire are required to complete this process within 60 days of moving to New Hampshire. Please call the Town Clerk at 237-5200 to see what you need for documentation to register your vehicle.

Boat registrations are also completed at the Colebrook Town Clerk’s office. Be sure to bring identification. We do not do registrations for off-road vehicles such as snowmobiles and ATVs.

For further information regarding motor vehicle issues, view the following website: https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/